Welcome


The purpose of this site is for the documentation of building #351 Thatcher CX4 Aircraft. If you are not familiar with the CX4, go to Thatcher Aircraft, Inc. for more info.

The posts are presented in reverse chronological order - the newest first. You can click on one of the "Labels" to the right to see all of the posts concerning a specific topic. Click on any photo for a larger image.

About the Builder


My name is Ed Christian. I currently own a RV-6 which was built by Ben Covington. It is based at 61GA - the Pea Patch Aerodrome. It is a great airplane and I enjoy it very much. I have always had a desire to build an airplane. When I read the sport aviation article about the Thatcher CX4 - it sure did catch my interest. It has great lines and a simple design. This will be my first homebuilt project.

My father got me interested in flying at a young age. I started flying a J-3 Cub at 16 years old. I was fortunate to have a great instructor Forrest Boshears! After college, I joined the Air Force and flew T-38’s and F-16’s. After that, I was hired by Delta Air Lines. I flew the 727 as engineer, MD-88, 757, 767, and I am currently on the 777.


Solo at KDNL in J-3 Cub

T-38 Columbus AFB

F-16 Hill AFB


Big GE Engine B777LR