Welcome


The purpose of this site is for the documentation of building #351 Thatcher CX4 Aircraft. If you are not familiar with the CX4, go to Thatcher Aircraft, Inc. for more info.

The posts are presented in reverse chronological order - the newest first. You can click on one of the "Labels" to the right to see all of the posts concerning a specific topic. Click on any photo for a larger image.

About the Project

The Thatcher CX4 is a single seat sport airplane that fits the Light Sport Category. It is all aluminum with a fiberglass cowl and wing-tips. It is powered by an economical VW engine.

Since I have a full time job, I want this to be a good building experience. I ordered the quick-build kit from Peter Beck. I have a lot of support from friends at the local EAA Chapter 172 and I am sure I will need them during this project.

I plan on building exactly as laid out in the plans using pop-rivets for simplicity. It will be equipped with basic flight & engine instruments, radio, and GPS.