Welcome


The purpose of this site is for the documentation of building #351 Thatcher CX4 Aircraft. If you are not familiar with the CX4, go to Thatcher Aircraft, Inc. for more info.

The posts are presented in reverse chronological order - the newest first. You can click on one of the "Labels" to the right to see all of the posts concerning a specific topic. Click on any photo for a larger image.

Home

The purpose of this site is to document my project and share any knowledge I learn. The purpose of the project is to build my first homebuilt aircraft. Life is a journey and through this project I look forward to learning, meeting new people, and in the end having the satisfaction of flying my airplane!

The Thatcher CX4 is a great little airplane that was recently designed by David Thatcher of Thatcher Aircraft, Inc. Over 350 plans have been sold and I feel it is one of the best new designs in years.

This is definitely an “Old School” type airplane. A lot of folks try to over-power, over-instrument a plane when all they are going to do is fly around on a clear day. Sure, I like to do some aerobatics and pull some G’s but I always have loved just flying. The CX4 has graceful lines, great looks, agile handling, and affordability! This will be a great plane for my son, father, and me to fly!



Watch the above Movie but bigger!


The CX4 got it’s name from a Radio Show starring comic aviation hero “Hop Harrigan” - click below for a sample

Listen to the Show